Monday, August 30, 2010

A Little Bit About Arkiv.


Indonesian artist Arkiv has been painting, illustrating and designing cartoon like figures since 2005. Shortly after finishing his Bachelor degree in Architecture he plunged into the art world citing his love for drawing figures as his inspiration for this change of career path. Arkiv had a strong debut with his first vinyl figurine called “Arkiv Instant.” After Arkiv Instant many exciting vinyl toys followed including a redesign of Mickey Mouse for Disney Asia. Arkiv describes himself: “I’m a half animal and half dream. I’m a blend of an overweight panda and Killer whale. I eat kids and I drink bloods. I’m instantly rude and 100% dirty. I sleep longer than any creation the world has ever seen, I sleep like a dead hero and no star. I talk rubbish and my breath smells like it.” His description reflects the same silliness and complexity of his characters. Smiling cartoons flipping you the bird. Figures strangling each other. Teddy bears hanging on a rope are just some of the oddities that Arkiv paints with cheery colors and his signature curvy and graphic style.


(Source: http://arkivinstant.blogspot.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment